Quote of the month: "Success has always been easy to measure.
It is the distance between oneís origins and oneís final achievement..."
Assertive Phrases Ease Criticism
Briefings ideas that work
Use these phrases to decrease the chance of a defensive reaction when
you must criticize someone:
- "Perhaps youíll find it will be useful to..."
- "You may want to consider..."
- "May I suggest something?"
- "Iím on your side, so donít take what Iím going to tell you negatively."
- "Please donít be offended, but itís important to you that we discuss..."
- "You may not know that..."
- "I find it very difficult to tell you this..."
- "Iím sure you donít mean anything by it, however..."
- "I see what you mean; however, you may not have all the information
Source: Influencing Within Organizations, Andrzej Huczynski,
Prentice Hall, 113 Sylvan Ave., Englewood Cliffs, NJ 07632