Quote of the month: "The only constant is change; learn to embrace
it!" Malcolm W. Graham
Working With Strategists
Briefings ideas that work
You may have some "strategists" among your employees. You can recognize
them by the following rules:
- They relish ideas, prefer planning for the future, are analytical
but imaginative and like to explore every possibility.
- They dislike rules for the sake of rules. And they’re the first
to question any activity that they see as impeding progress.
- They’ll work tirelessly for change that will improve the organization.
But their need for perfection often makes them intolerant of anything
less, especially of those they see as not working up to their poential.
To get the full benefit of these types:
- Satisfy their need for autonomy by letting them set their own
schedules, telecommute or choose their assignments.
- Fill their never-ending desire to learn by paying for their
professional memberships, subscriptions to publications and training
or college courses of their choice. And if you can, let them attend
these courses during working hours.
- Cater to their thirst for authority and responsibility by placing
them on a high-level task force with top managers.
Source: Training, 50 S. 9th. St., Minneapolis, MN 55402