Quote of the month: "Our aspirations are our possibilities" Robert
Overcome Your Negative Mood
Briefings ideas that work
When youíre having a few bad days because your ideas are being rejected
or other workers disappoint you, try this to get back in a positive mood:
- Get out of bed earlier than normal so you can prepare for work
at a relaxing pace. Play your favorite music or a motivational tape
as you get ready.
- Decide in the morning that your day will be gratifying. Then
seek out activities that will make it so.
- Greet people with "Great!" or "Fantastic!" when they ask how
youíre doing, instead of a lackluster "Fine" or "O.K., I guess." Youíll
set an example for others.
- Refuse to dwell on the bad experience. Say aloud "Itís done,
Iíve learned from it and Iím moving on."
- Anticipate good fortune by concentrating on doing the best
job possible and even more than required. Helping others improves your
mood, and theirs. Also: Try to learn a new duty or skill.
- Cast everything you say in the positive. Negativity can be
unlearned, while positivity is learned.
Source: Wolf Rinke, Selling Power, PO Box 5467, Fredericksburg,