Helping Your Child be Healthy and Fit
A Mirror of Me
Help your child frame a mirror with items that represent the things your child likes.
What you’ll need
- Small pocket mirror
- Lid of a shoebox
- Magazines, photographs that that can be cut up, paint or an ink pad for thumb prints, or other items that represent your child’s interests
- Scissors if you wish to cut out pictures
- Glue that is strong enough to hold the mirror
What to do
- Help your child attach a small pocket mirror inside the lid of a shoebox.
- Have your child decorate the inside of the lid with objects that reflect special interests. Some of the decorations might include:
- a thumb print
- pictures of favorite foods, sports, and hobbies.
- Have your child look into the mirror to see a wonderful face and the things that make it smile!
- You might want to hang the framed mirror on the wall of your child’s room.
This activity recognizes the things that are important to your child and helps your child realize that an identity is based on one’s own interests.