- Argus Clearinghouse
- The Argus Clearinghouse provides a central access point for value-added topical guides which identify, describe, and evaluate Internet-based information resources.
- Canadian telephone numbers
- Use to find the telephone number of people and businesses in Canada.
- Canadian postal codes
- Use to find your Canadian postal code.
- Excite Search Engine
- Excite analyzes millions of web sites to deliver the most relevant and popular search results. Links are reviewed frequently and dead links and repeat entries are deleted.
Family Friendly Sites
- Use this link to search sites where families can expect to find content and links that support their physical, mental, and emotional development in a healthy way.
- Galaxy is the Internet's oldest searchable directory. It was created by a consortium of American technology companies as a part of an initiative to develop the tools needed for providing large-scale directory services to support electronic commerce. Galaxy employs technology and human expertise to organize information in a way that makes it both understandable and highly relevant to users' needs.
- This is the search engine that
Malcolm always uses first.
- INFOMINE provides Web resources
of relevance to faculty, students, and research staff at the university
level. It is offered as a comprehensive showcase, virtual library and
reference tool containing useful Web resources including databases,
electronic journals, electronic books, bulletin boards, listservs, online
library card catalogs, articles and directories of researchers, among
many other types of information.
- Lycos' search engine and directory
began with a patented, intelligent spidering technology that was originally
created at Carnegie Mellon University. Today, Lycos combines its proprietary
technology with other search technologies and services to provide a
powerful and relevant search experience.
- NetMechanic offers services to
maintain, monitor, promote, and accelerate your web site. Parts of these
services are free.
- The Digest is a free weekly magazine
focusing on Web news.
- Registering Web domains and searching
for owners of Web domains.
- Use this service to register your
Web site to popular search engines.
- Use this service to submit your
URL to a variety of search engines. The free option submits your URL
to over a dozen search engines.
- Collection of online research
tools. Search dictionaries, translate words, find quotations and more.
Directories on the Web
- Detailed guide to online phone
books with links to Yellow Pages, White Pages, Business Directories,
Email Addresses and Fax Listings from all around the world.
of North Carolina Heliocentric Information Map
- This home page is notable mainly
for its circular menu, which places the Chapel Hill campus at the center
of the information universe.
- Use this page to look up your
US ZIP code.
Web Yellow Pages
- Lists of all the businesses on
the Web, with daily updates and links to search tools.
- Yahoo is an essential index of
Web pages organized into categories. It also includes a search tool.